Master’s degree in Oenology from Cornell University, American Wine Society certified wine judge, wine educator, writer, sommelier and consultant.
Annemarie has a Master’s Degree in Oenology from Cornell University and is a Wine Marketing Adjunct Lecturer at Tompkins Cortland Community College. She served as the Chairperson of the American Wine Society (AWS) Wine Judge Certification Program and has been a certified wine judge since 2012. She developed and taught classes and sessions at the AWS National Conferences. She has achieved level 1 Sommelier from the Court of Master Sommeliers and is preparing for the certified qualifying exam. She is a published freelance wine & food writer. Annemarie is a trained descriptive panelist for the sensory evaluation of artisan cheese and alcoholic beverages at Cornell University. She founded the Finger Lakes chapter, of the AWS and served as the chairperson, presenter and coordinator for over 10 years. She presented at the Viticulture & Annual Wine Industry Workshop. She has worked through harvest and blending as an assistant winemaker at Damiani Wine Cellars.
Annemarie hosted a wine tour and cruise of Italy and participated in Vinitaly International Academy, Operawine and VinItaly 2018. Her company, Wine By Annemarie, LLC provides consulting services to restaurants and classes for staff, private events and the community, http://winebyannemarie.com/. She has a love of food and wine, exploring different regions of the world and sharing these experiences with others.
Annemarie has judged in the following competitions:
- Texas International Wine Competition (Table Captain, TC)
- Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition (TC)
- Great American Amateur Wine Competition
- Great Lakes and Eastern States Wine Competition
- WineMaker Magazine International Amateur Wine Competition
- Big E, Northeast Gold Wine Competition
- Hudson Valley Wine & Spirits
- New York State Fair Wine Competitions
- Professional panel for Cornell University Enology Extension Lab